Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ignorance

I know I'm kiasu, but more comments please! The world works like this : more demand <-> more production. =) but I guess I'm not in demand.. sighs.. >.<

Sorry.. One paragraph gone somewhere.. ^^;
Now, 2nd Japan-Malaysia Culture Shock : Ignorance. Now, I'm not generalising. Not all Japanese are ignorant. In fact, Japanese people are one of the most literate and learned people in the world, and read the most books and newspapers on average. So what do I mean by ignorance?

Let's start with Level 1: Beginner Yes, coconutWah, this is the first time i see Coconut Milk!
Malaysian: What? Coconut Milk?? HAR? What did you say?
Japanese: Coconut Milk lar.. You donno meh?? the one you put in dessert and it become very sweet 1 lor!
Malaysian: HAR? I know lar Coconut Milk. Where? I don't see any.
Japanese: Neh, Inside lar! You blind arH?
Malaysian: Walau. That is Coconut Juice lar. Adui!
This is how you make Coconut Milk (Santan)
And that's what Coconut Milk (Santan) looks like
Japanese: Walau.. You don't cheat me lar.. Coconut Milk come out from Coconut 1 ler.. and is Liquid 1. I know 1. Don't play play! ^^

Level 2 : Intermediate
Chilli
辛い.."Karai" What does this word mean? In my dictionary, it's translated as 'hot', 'spicy', 'peppery'.. But what does it really mean to a Japanese? Well, i imagine if you asked them, they would say 'curry?' or 'wasabi?'.. But for us, Hot and Spicy means so much more. Why do I prefer Malaysian food over Japanese food? One word : Spice. Give me one example of a Japanese food cooked with more than 5 spices and I'll admit defeat. But it's a fact : Japanese people just don't cook Spicy food.

Okay, that's all for tonight.. almost midnight.. will add Expert tmrw.. hehe


Add to Technorati Favorites

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha~ that's the first time you saw coconut milk oppa? 0_o... did you know coconut milk can be used as an anti-lice shampoo mixed with 1 cap gas? lol XD

lonehunter88 said...

haha sorry.. one paragraph flew somewhere..
and i didnt make it clear who was speaking.. lol
anti-lice shampoo? haha.. dont play play! ^^

FinoAbama said...

You brought them to Sunday market?? Should ask them to eat Mee Jawa..

flo.rence. said...

LOL.. coconut... XD

lonehunter88 said...

to fab : they didn't eat mee jawa, but got eat gu bak mee XD