Sunday, September 30, 2007

3rd Quarter of trip Part 2

Couldn't take any more space on the first post...
So, after that, we went up by train again to Naka-furano, the place we wanted to go for the lavenders..It's supposed to be quite a small city.. But this overhead bridge looks rather classy, eh?
This is a small lavender farm(or park).. Still some flowers in bloom.. But the whole area on top was green(or barren?), without any more lavenders.

After that, we walked further up to the lavender farm we were supposed to visit, Tomita Farm. And I quickly bought the lavender soft (I realized that the Japanese don't call it ice cream.. they call it soft.. well, it is true it's not ice and it's soft.. heh).

Darn, this lavender soft is really nice!! I want more >.< But compared to the last time I had my lavender soft, this time wasn't that nice coz there was no smell of lavender around.. This is an ice cream you've got to try if you haven't! Nothing beats this one(not even durian soft!).
There were different lavenders here.. white and purple mix.. quite nice.. like the lavender and vanilla mix soft.. arghhhh I can't get my mind of the lavender soft.. NOOOO!!
Here's a part of the farm which was in bloom.. The other parts were mostly green(or barren?)..

After that, we took a train up again to Asahikawa.. and found a sushi shop around 30 to 40 minutes walk from the station..
Notice the difference in the plate designs? some had white lines on the outer part and some don't.. We didn't realize that until we were almost finished.. For me, I usually only eat around 5 plates.. This time I had around 7 or 8, coz the sushi in Hokkaido tastes great.. But the real victim of this little trick was Calvin, who ate around 11 plates I think.. his bill was over 2000 yen! haha.. serves him right! wakkakaka.. But worth it lar, can eat such delicious sushi.. sigh.. I hungry d.. >.< The next day, we went to the Asahiyama Zoo around 40 minutes from Asahikawa Station by bus..
First of all were flamingoes..
And swans and ducks..
And monkeys..
Penguins..
Reminds me of Happy Feet.. haha..
Seal..
Proud Tiger..
The Mighty Lion with an attitude.. (cute attitude in this case)
The Sun Bear of Hokkaido.. Does he look dead or what?
Polar Bears.. Doesn't look white to me.. Lack of snow?
Reindeer.. I think..
Giraffe.. Okay, at least he's taller than Calvin, right?

Actually, most of the animals were not that active when we were there.. And we didn't see most of the feeding too(they call it mogu mogu time..don't ask me why).. I took videos of the penguin feeding, but they're gone.. maybe on Calvin's computer..

After that, for dinner, Calvin and I ate Shouyu Ramen (Soy Sauce Ramen).

Nice! Quite nice!

Okay, so that's all for this time.. will update later on Hakodate.. Actually, I planned to post on some of the visits in more detail, but I don't think I want to anymore.. haha.. sorry, but if you want to see the photos, just tell me.. I'll try to make it interesting..

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: