Friday, August 10, 2007

The Grass Is Greener on the Other Side

Today I went to Numata to see the lavender farm.. I was reading my Gunma guidebook last night around 12, and noticed the way to get to the lavender farm and thought that it was worth a try.. So I made up my mind that I would go this morning.. Woke up at 9 something, fried an egg for breakfast, and checked the schedule for the train to numata.. then, cycled straight to the train station.. unfortunately i missed the train i wanted to ride on.. so i waited for the next train.. It was boring, so...
Doves in the station
Translation:Do not feed the doves(sorry forgot to rotate..lazy d)
Lol.. remember some of those places where there are so many crows flying around in Malaysia(where u park ur car and they sh*t on it?)? I'm positive I've never seen a sign saying "Jangan beri makan burung gagak".. heh..
This is the train station in Numata.. I couldn't use my Suica card here.. What is a SuicA CarD?
We call it Touch and Go in Malaysia.. Looks like the Jap are more creative.. "Sui ca"(sui card) =) I had my lunch at a ramen shop near the station while waiting for my bus to arrive..it was quite nice really, a lot better than the ramen they sold in the cities here..
This is the bus that goes up to the lavender park.. Costed a bundle.. 1000 yen per ride.. sighs..It was actually 700 yen before.. they raised the price..

On the way, we went up a winding road up a mountain.. something like the road to genting highlands.. I didn't think we would go so far into the woods.. A bit freaked out d now.. and on the flat lands on the mountain, there were these farms... so many farms.. everything was green.. oh, and u might have notice the signboard on the left in the pic.. it reads ringo(apple).. Numata produces apples, blueberries, grapes and plums.. but not in season now.. Ok, so after 50 mins, I reached the lavender park.. Coming out of the bus, it was refreshing.. the wind was cool even though the afternoon sun was shining brightly..but not as cold as genting lar..So, I went in and..

..started my "kechak kechak" session..not that nice huh? let me show u some purple..
Eh? u call that lavender? That's barren land! This is the first area I visited.. I think I walked around 20 mins here like a dumb guy..


Now we're talking,eh?No, no, no.. this is just the second swarm..After this, I had to walk up a hill..

These are some of the photos I took while going up the hill..




And along the way there was this stream..

"tsumeta!(cold!)"*I didn't have anyone to take my pic, so I used this girl as my model.. wahhaha..The water was cold and very nice.. it tasted good, even.. It's the water from the mountains..
And when I finally reached the top,..
These are Marygolds.. nice contrast ya?
Now we begin our purple blast..

phew~
The Loner
The Loners..
The Contrast
You want purple?
Standing amongst the lavender, the sweet smell and aroma of it just blew me away.. darn, that was good..still can remember the smell now.. so sweet..
The BEE
Last Area..I think.. they're replanting the lavenders.. I think some of it died..
This is how high we could go for the lavender park..
The lavender soft ice cream.. wahhh.. the aroma of the lavender in my mouth! will never forget that taste..it's not as sweet as choc or vanilla.. it's mild and has a captivating aroma..^^
The Finale
I think this should be the best purple pic I took.. The whole trip around the park took around 2 hours,or a bit less i think..And I didn't even realize I took 200++ pics.. wow...scary.. haha.. They say the grass is greener on the other side.. For me, it was actually quite purple.. *wink*

For the whole trip I spent:
Train:1160 yen
Bus:2000 yen
Park Entrance fee:1000 yen
Lunch:600 yen
Lavender Soft:350 yen
Total:5110yen (RM150++)
This does not include the souvenirs I bought.. >.<
But as you can see, transport is the one thing that costs the most among the rest.. japan is like that.. food is of course expensive, but transportation is even more expensive.. but that's a reasonable price to pay when they provide good service, right? This was a fun trip.. If a kouhai comes next year, that's the place I'll bring him/her during summer!
Oh, I forgot to add the general info for the lavender park.it`s beside the numazu ski park actually.. the lavender is taken straight from Furano,Hokkaido..The lavenders amount to about 50,000..The area of the lavender park is about 200,000 meters square.. huge yeah?

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, the ice-cream attracts me more than the lavender. especially in this hot weather, I think of ice-cream more than the lavender... hehe~ anyway, where would you go in the winter? the numazu ski park? or just spend the season at home chilling?