Sunday, August 26, 2007

Mito(Ibaraki)

Last week, I went to Mito in Ibaraki Prefecture for the Technical Colleges International Exchange Programme.The main reason I went was because the whole programme was free.I went there with only 2000 yen in my pocket.lol.. We didn't even have to take 1 yen out.The train ticket there and back, the Holiday Inn Hotel, the food, the trip fees..Everything.I don't understand why some people don't want to go..

Well, anyways, after the incident in the train, which seemed to have attracted a lot of interest, my teacher(sensei) and I reached and checked in last..hehe.. that was fun..after that we heard a lecture on Semiconductors by a guy from Hitachi.. kinda boring, but not bad.. hehe..

So, after the little lecture from Hitachi, we walked to this park called Kairakuen, which the organizers said is the third most popular park in Japan. Wow, you can imagine how excited we were when we heard that right? The third most popular park in Japan wor.!!!

But actually we ended up seeing ducks. And this blog freak loves to take pictures of ducks so much. Haha..



The Duck


The Couples


The Breakup


The Contrast of the Ducks


The Battle of the Ducks and Kois


The Headless Duck


The "hidung tinggi" Duck


The sick Duck..kolien


Along the whole wide park(we walked a whole round around the lake full of ducks), there was this old steam train for photograph freaks.. Not exactly cool, but nothing else to take picture of.


The Monkeys trying to break Japan Guinness Record...


And there was this too. I think Disneyland’s would be better. But again, nothing else to take picture of. And with so many camwhores around you, you just can’t help it.. haha..

Not much for the THIRD most popular park in Japan, right? Along the way back to the hotel, my teacher told me that we didn’t actually go to Kairakuen. We needed to go further to reach Kairakuen, he said(in Jap, of course). He said we only went to Kairaku Kouen, the park beside Kairakuen. You can imagine how angry and disappointed my friends and I were to hear that. ^^;

Anyways, after that we had this making soba(Japanese noodle made with corn flour, I think) experience. My group had this Mongolian guy who has experience making something of the sort before, so the first stages were cleared easily with his help.


This is the last part of the process, cutting the thingy up into small strands. It’s not that easy to cut it the same size, so in the end we ended up with crazy sizes. Heh.


Itadakimasu! It turned out to be not as bad as we thought.

The Soba Making Team

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: