Sunday, August 05, 2007

Takasaki Matsuri..


Went to church today on my bicycle.. it's about 8 or 9 km from here.. a bit less than an hour.. morning was really hot..think i got rid of a ton of sweat.. >.< A friend from church told me there's Takasaki Matsuri(Takasaki Festival) today.. I thought it's next week.. And the weather forecast showed that it would rain in the evening, so I thought I'd take shelter at Takasaki and maybe take a look at the Matsuri..

This is one of the dances they were doing when the rain started to fall..
eh... butt pic? lol.. nah.. I didn't bring my camera.. so took with my phone.. other pic so blur.. this is one of the best pics.. but unfortunately can't see the cute girl dancers.. lol.. >.< actually took a video with my phone, but can't send to pc.. sigh


This is the parade.. i guess that thing they're carrying is a hotoke sama(japanese god/guardian) or something like that..



Well, actually the festival was not that lively.. not that many ppl.. maybe it was because I was walking around in the rain.. lolz.. everyone hide in the shopping centres.. >.< But then again, most of the stalls sold the same thing(super bowl saving, koi saving.. all saving lar..and banana chocolate.. looked nice, but maybe next time.., takoyaki,ikayaki,okonimiyaki..) , and the parade of the hotoke sama was almost the same thing.. no diff.. a bit boring..

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a picture of yourself riding a bicycle? I still can't imagine it, haha =P