Sunday, August 19, 2007

Up A Hill

Two days ago I went to visit the big Guanyin statue up a hill called Kannon yama.観音山。Kannon means Goddess of Mercy.. Same as Guanyin lar actually.. just diff pronounciation..


To be honest, on the way to the mountain,I got lost.. well, I was going up the mountain, but I didn't exactly know which part of it I was on..Luckily I had faith and went up and up and when I almost wanted to give up, I saw this view from the hill of Takasaki City.. I thought, wow.. At least it wasnt a total waste..

Well, on the way(before I went up), there was this river...
Usui means thin..I was looking for the river.. but couldnt find it.. i thought, maybe too thin until cant see.. coz the grass were growing wild over the place.. then, I cycled some more and found the river.. it's not worth my uploading.. haha.. too ugly..


Oh.... Guanyin is shining! you see that?? wow!! lolz.. actually that's the "lighting syndrome".. my pics 50% affected with this syndrome.. still havent mastered the way of fotoglaphy..heh..Ok, after around an hour and a half(dont really remember) on my bicycle and up the hill on foot, I found this thing.. then, what?
Notice the holes on the Guanyin's side? those are actually windows.. we're supposed to climb in through that and there are lots of Gods and stuff inside the Guanyin.. cool ya? heh.. ok, fine, the entrance fee is 300 yen.. and they have perfectly nice stairs for u to climb.. heh..

After that, I didn't know where to go, so I looked at the map near the Guanyin patung.. and walked to some dye plantation near there.. well, actually around 700metres from there.. Not that nice, not worth my uploading also.. but had a nice rest there.. there was this resthouse..it didnt use sensors, so the aircond was on the whole morning.. walau.. nobody visit also.. waste electricity..Then, on the way back, there was this 'park'.. well, there was a pipe for ppl to drink from, at least.. and surprise surprise....
Meowww.. cute cat.. dont think anyone owns it.. but very beautiful fur.. unfortunately I didnt have any food to lure it.. water didn't do.. picky kitty..
"No way I'm following you!" heh..

And there was this bridge called the "Tsuribashi" in Japanese connecting the two places.. not much diff from the last one I visited in Ueno..
There were a few other places I visited, but this time with my new battery, it took only half a day to finish.. sighs.. besides, the other places werent that interesting, so that's all for this time.. Signing out.. ^^

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: